Thursday, May 29, 2008

Roto-rooter job for Rory

Bye, bye constant sinus infections! So, Rory has been fighting sinus infection after sinus infection ever since October. If you have ever had one you would know that they knock you on your butt and you feel like you have the flu; they're not nice... Well, after the antibiotics wouldn't clear them up anymore, the doc says, "You need surgery."

The day of, I knew that I would be loosing my big helper for a while so I had him do a couple things before he went in. Nothing big; just move the old fridge to the garage, and rototill my garden beds (after they fixed the tiller-Dallas was there and helped him with everything, thank you Dallas, your a lifesaver!)


It was in 'short stay' at the hospital. I dropped him off at 12:30pm and picked him up at 6:30pm. So when I walked in to get him, he had this white strip of gauze taped under his nose. (Hi el Hitler!) I couldn't help but laugh... poor guy was so out of it! They ended up having to drill a hole in his head, (yes! he has a hole in his head!!) to irrigate the upper cavity that was not draining on its own.

He is doing so much better now though. They ripped out some foam stuff they had packed in there on Tuesday, 4 days post. He said that it was by far the worst part! He took some pictures of the slimy foam mass and showed me, but I won't do that to you...nasty! It will still be a while till he is back to his old, old self. I mean before the infections; not that he's old...i would never!... ;) Love him!!!!

5 comments:

Jess said...

OHHHHH Rory looks so owie :( Good thing you had him get those things done :) Gotta love our men!!!

brit said...

Oh! hope your feeling better now big brother! looks slightly painful. i didn't even know you were having surgery! kaylee is having eye surgery in 3 weeks.

Korbi said...

love love love all the new posts! Rory lools like something off a scary movie poster, haah! no, Rory you look great... uh, anyways. love the zoo pics, because I love the zoo. We need one here, don't ya think?

Romney Family said...

wow what a surgery. It looks like is was painful but I guess worth it to feel better. Yeah on the new van. it is always nice to get a new car. I loved seeing the pics from the zoo with all the cousins. I cannot believe how big yours and Marci's kids are getting.

Mindy said...

Ok, love the picture, too funny! Now I know where to look if I need a good laugh! (just kidding, we love you Rory, hope you're feeling better)