Thursday, January 31, 2008

I love snow...



They say that this is the most snow that has fallen here in a long time. We didn't have snow like this last year, that's for sure. There are those who don't like it and can't wait for the snow to all melt and summer to come, but I am absolutely loving it!! When the snow is fresh and the roads are covered, it is so peaceful and quiet. The outside noises are softened and almost gone. Everything is soft and white. How can you not just love that? One of my favorite things is to drive in it. The sound the tires make, the feeling of the car slipping around slightly here and there; that is just the best. The parking lots get plowed and piled high up around the edges. It takes me back to the days growing up in Canada when the snow in between the two lanes of traffic was plowed up so high that you couldn't see over it to the oncoming traffic; you could tell that winter was coming to an end when you could finally see the cars on the other side again. Then there were days that the snow in the yard was so deep that we as kids would made tunnels and rooms that we could sit up inside and still be covered by the depth of the snowfall. Snowshoeing was fun and quite common there. I really miss all the snow. This snow here, now, is the best thing that winter could bring. I still wouldn't mind more and more and MORE!! hee hee!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Sorry to say that I am one of those who is SICK of the snow!!! I want sunshine, flowers, and healthy people :)

Mindy said...

I love the snow, too. It is so beautiful and clean.

Bethany said...

I'm with Jess on this one...I'm so sick of the snow. I would love it if the snow could be warm. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Because it is pretty, but I just hate how it's so cold and it gets into my shoes!

Romney Family said...

Hey Kathy, This is Jessie (rory's cousin) I was so excited to see you had a blog. I got it from Matt and Miriam's. Your kids are getting so big!!! Anyway, fun to see your blog.

Korbi said...

I must say that I am with you, I LOVE THE SNOW and I was very sad to see it go.